Practical Tips to Keep You Safe
We live in a digital world, so keeping your personal information secure and understanding the tools fraudsters use to commit crimes is critical.
Sun, Sand and CyberSecurity
Every summer, vacationers put their house lights on timers and their mail on hold when traveling. It’s just as important to prepare for CyberSecurity as well. Here are tips to keep you safe this summer:
- Don’t post information about travel plans on social media and save the pictures and updates until you return home.
- Keep your electronic devices with you at all times.
- When you return, change passwords of accounts accessed on the road.
- Do not access your credit union accounts via public networks (i.e. hotel and airport Wi-Fi)
- Make operating system and software updates recommended by your devices.
Now it’s time to have fun! Enjoy your summer travels!