Winnebago Community Credit Union
On June 4, 1954, Robert Graf from the Winnebago County Highway Department received approval to start a credit union for those employed by Winnebago County, known as the Winnebago County Employee’s Credit Union. Board meetings were held in the Highway Committee room of the courthouse. In January of 1967, the Credit Union moved to the basement of the courthouse. In July of 1980, the Credit Union was moved to the 2nd floor of the courthouse with a total staff of four employees and by 1982 had reached 4 million in assets. The credit union moved once again on March 15, 1986 this time to the Beach building at 240 Algoma Boulevard.
In 1993, the office at 567 East Snell Road was built. On July 28th, 1998 a special meeting was held and the membership approved a community charter which opened the membership to all individuals living or working in Winnebago County. The name of the credit union was changed to Winnebago Community Credit Union on July 27, 2004.
In November of 2006 at second location was built on the west side of Oshkosh at 2060 Witzel Avenue. A third location was added in September of 2010 at 526 S. Commercial Street in Neenah when Members United Credit Union merged Winnebago Community Credit Union.
Winnebago Community Credit Union, a Member Owned Not for Profit Cooperative, is open to all individuals who live or work in the counties of Winnebago, Outagamie or Fond du Lac. WCCU is a full service financial institution with 7,409 members, $82.8 million in loans and $94.9 million in assets.