Keeping your account safe and secure is our highest priority. In mid-September we will be adding another level of security – Text Fraud Alerts – as part of our debit card protection program.
SHAZAM, our debit card provider, is announcing Text and Voicemail alerts to warm you that a potentially fraudulent transaction is about to occur. This will not only prevent fraudulent transactions, but also give you the opportunity to approve a charge that may have been declined in the past. Here are the details:
What will you receive:
- Text alerts when suspicious activity is detected on your WCCU debit card.
What should you do:
- If a you receive a “fraud text alert,” you should reply Yes or No to confirm or deny the activity.
- If you reply No (the activity is fraudulent), and you’ll quickly receive a follow up text with a phone number to call to discuss next steps with a SHAZAM fraud specialist and your card will automatically be blocked to prevent additional fraudulent activity.
- If you reply Yes (the activity was legitimate), you can continue to use your debit card as normal.
- If you don’t reply to the text, or your phone number on file is not a mobile number, Shazam will attempt to reach you via an automated voice call.
Who will be contacting you:
- Text message alerts will come from: 72718
- Automated phone calls from: 855-219-5399
Please save these numbers to your phone contacts so you don’t miss any alerts. Now is also the perfect time to check with us to make sure we have a current cellphone number on file for you. This added protection to WCCU debit cards is automatic and text message alerts are free. If you have any questions, please let me know.